Friday, November 19, 2010

A Dark Room With No Windows Needs Wireless Lights

I walked around my house yesterday and counted seven rooms and two walk in closets without windows. Of the seven rooms, two rooms are bathrooms, two rooms are utility rooms, one garage, one attic and one basement storage room. Of these rooms, there was not adequate lighting in the utility rooms and attic until I added wireless battery powered LED lights.

One of the utility rooms is small and one is large enough to walk into. There was no lighting in the small utility room so as a utility light, I added a Mr Beams MB980 Anywhere Ceiling Light attached to the ceiling just inside the door. It is an LED light with a motion sensor and lights up when I open the door. The larger utility room has a single light bulb that can be turned on with a light switch but the room is so crowded with the furnace, water heater, storage shelves and a sink that I added a second battery powered LED light just to cover the space that the light bulb could not get light to. I added the Mr Beams MB360 Security Spotlight because I could mount the LED spotlight easily to the unfinished wall and point it towards the area I needed light the most. These battery operated LED lights work very well for utility room lighting.

My dark attic has the pull down stairs. When I get to the top of the stairs, there is a pull string to turn on a light bulb at the top of the stairs. With all of the stuff we have stored up there, a lot of the attic is dark blocked by various boxes and items that we really have no place else to put (why can't we ever get rid of anything?). First, it was nice to have a motion sensor LED light to put up there because the motion sensor picks us up just as we get to the top of the stairs. Second, it was great to install the light in minutes by putting just two screws in to mount the LED light. No electrician needed. I go up into the attic rarely enough that I know those batteries will last for years. I used the MB360 again because it puts out a lot of light and it was easy to direct exactly where I needed the light.

So for dark rooms without a window, battery powered LED lighting is a great option. Having a wireless light with a motion sensor or remote control helps a lot because it makes it convenient to control the light. Mr Beams LED lights are great in utility room lighting, storage room lighting, auxiliary lighting in garages, attic lighting and basement lighting because a lot of times these are windowless rooms where there just isn't enough light.

No comments:

Post a Comment