Monday, August 9, 2010

Wireless Shower Lights Will Brighten Up Your Shower


Dark showers make me feel vulnerable. When we bought our house ten years ago, one of my first tasks was lighting up a dark shower upstairs that had no light. I trace it back to my house growing up, where spiders loved to hide. I also credit the Alfred Hitchcock move, Psycho. Although I conquered the darkness of my shower by hiring an electrician for $350 to install a light, it seems whenever I travel, there is always that dark shower that brings me back to the time when I was using a small shower without a light. Sometimes it's in the beach house that we rent for a week's vacation. It can also be when we stay on the third floor of my brother's old house in New Jersey with the shower that used to be part of the attic.

My childhood fears come back to me whenever I step into a dark shower. I first worry about someone being inside the shower already. Then I worry about spiders. Without proper lighting in the shower, I shower fast with my eyes open and regularly throw elbows around in case someone is trying to get me.

When we designed the Mr Beams Ceiling Light, one requirement was that it needed to be able to light up a shower. There is no product on the market that can light up a shower without celling an electrician. Our engineering team rose to the challenge to make the Mr Beams Ceiling Light weather resistant and able to pass the IP44 test. What is IP44? It takes a product and blasts it with water for a long period of time. If no water is inside, it passes IP44. Mr Beams' battery-powered Ceiling Light--and all other Mr Beams LED lights--have passed IP44 and are water resistant for indoor and outdoor use.

So if you have dark shower phobia like me, please take a look at our Ceiling Light. It mounts easily to a shower ceiling in minutes. It will go on as soon as you step into the shower because of its motion sensor, and turn off automatically after you leave the shower. It will brightly light up the shower and keep away the spiders and psychos.

1 comment:

  1. Each style requires 4 "C" batteries (not included), and in the 14" sized lamps the batteries will last for 48 hours of use, while in the 24" sized lamps the 4 "C" batteries will last 30 hours of use.Battery Operated Picture LightsBecause the batteries are concealed in the backplate, it is very easy to change the batteries. Each style has the on/off switch on the backplate as well. Backplate dimensions are the same in all sizes and styles, 3.25"H x 4.5"W x 1"D.

    ReplyDelete