Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Spiders In Sheds Are No Match For Mr Beams!

Guest blogger, David Levine:

Growing up we had this really spooky shed in our backyard. It was made of sheet metal and far enough from the house that you could imagine things going on in there without anyone in the house detecting it. We stored our sleds, wheelbarrow, shovels, plastic pool in it. I refused to keep my basketball in it because I hated going inside. This is why my right arm is so much stronger than my left arm (true story)--I had to shoot with a water-logged basketball for much of my youth. Not only was it dark and stale, there were so many varieties of hairy spiders living in there! From the moment I pulled the creaky door open, my stomach churned. I would hold my breath and run in with my arms in front of me cutting a path through the thick webs. If I was successful in getting the proper item through the darkness, it was a celebration for success. I would spend the next two minutes trying to brush all of the spider webs off my hair and neck while doing quick spins to avoid any spider on my back from creeping up to my head.

So--when people ask about the inspiration of our Mr Beams Ceiling Light, I take them back to the dark shed of my childhood. With the Mr Beams Ceiling Light, the shed would be light, bright and spider-free. The Mr Beams Ceiling Light would have turned on its bright LED the second that the motion sensor detected the door opening. It would have stayed on until I found what I needed and then turn off automatically (no fumbling through the spider webs for the light switch!). This battery operated ceiling mounted light would turn on if anything strange was going on, and if a really BIG spider was inside, it would immediately be detected by the motion sensor and a bright light might help drive it to another shed to terrorize some other kid. If you have a similar shed, attic, basement or crawl space (and every house has some creepy area), please save the terror and install the Mr Beams Ceiling Light. Just install batteries, mount it with two screws, and the bright LED light will chase away the unknown once it detect the not-so-scary you.

No comments:

Post a Comment